Any URLs (campaign website, social media) you’d
like to share?
Tell us about yourself, your community involvement, and why you are running for municipal office in Franklin.
Meet BK Muvvala, a dedicated family man with a vision for a brighter future. As a happily married man,
he cherishes the unwavering support of his beautiful wife, Raji Muvvala, who excels as an IT QA Engineer at BMI. Together, they take pride in nurturing their two sons, each pursuing their dreams.
The elder son, Dr. Mohan Muvvala, stands as a testament to BK's commitment to education and entrepreneurship. As a doctor and entrepreneur, Dr. Mohan exemplifies the values instilled in him by his father.
The younger son, Madhav BK, currently in the tenth grade, aspires to become a doctor, inspired by the compassion and determination shown by his family.
BK Muvvala is a successful entrepreneur, a compassionate leader, a dedicated servant, a candidate who has experience in running businesses, nonprofits, and volunteer organizations. BK Muvvala is the most eligible candidate that Franklin City deserve as a leader and a visionary who listens to the people, works for people’s best interests and is capable of bringing a positive difference in Franklin City community
BK Muvvala has a dream, a belief, and a big picture for Franklin inspired by Franklinites. He wants to serve, embrace, and uplift the Franklin community .BK wants to address the challenges of sewage, flooding, clean drinking water, preservation, sustainability growth, transportation, city staff benefits & remunerations and traffic congestion. BK will work with BOMA and state to offer incentives, tax breaks, relax zoning rules, engage big tech, clean and big businesses, and revitalize neighborhoods
I believe that I am a strong advocate for the envisioning of the conservative values of Franklin City. I believe in open-mindedness, truth seeking, problem solving, limited government, transparency, fiscal responsibility, and individual liberty. I am committed to working with the community to preserve our conservative values , make Franklin City a better place to live ,support not to increase taxes, act to bring in code decency for public events, protect children from exposure to adult content, strive to work on election integrity, work with the new builders/property developers to build & support requisite city infrastructure, attract new clean businesses, support local and small businesses, work with city employees, and support to raise a great family. I am a passionate, willing to compromise and dedicated leader who has a vision for the future of Franklin City, listen actively and be respectful. I will strive to make Franklin City a more inclusive, clean, and prosperous community for everyone. I have experience in public service, business, volunteering and education, and also have commitment to work with people from different backgrounds, officials, bureaucrats and people with wide different perspectives
What are your top priorities for Franklin? How would you seek to address them if elected?
These are just some of the issues that I care deeply about, and I'm eager to hear from you about what matters to you. I'm not a career politician, but a concerned citizen who wants to make a difference. I have the skills, experience, and dedication to serve you as your alderman at large. I hope you will join me in this journey and vote for me in the 2023 elections. Together, we can make Franklin City a great place to live, work, and play.
Traffic congestion and safety Economic development Public safety
Infrastructure Environmental Sustainability
Preservation of Franklin City's Historic Heritage Social Services
City of Franklin's Traffic Congestion & Safety
As our city grows, so does the demand for transportation and mobility. We need to invest in smart solutions that improve traffic flow, reduce accidents, and promote alternative modes of transportation such as walking, biking, and public transit
City of Franklin's Economic Development
BK Muvvala wants to attract more businesses and jobs to Franklin City, while preserving its historic charm and natural beauty. He will work with the Chamber of Commerce, local entrepreneurs and other stakeholders to create a business-friendly environment that supports innovation and growth while supporting our local businesses and creating more jobs and economic opportunities for our residents. Economic development and fiscal responsibility: He will promote a business-friendly environment that attracts and retains clean and innovative industries, such as technology, healthcare, and tourism. He will also ensure that the city maintains a balanced budget and invests in essential infrastructure and public services
City of Franklin's Public safety
BK Muvvala believes that public safety is a top priority for any city. He will support the police and fire departments with adequate funding, training and equipment. He will also promote community policing and crime prevention programs that foster trust and cooperation between the residents and the law enforcement. Enhancing our public safety and emergency services and fostering a culture of trust and respect between our police and our citizens. Also, such as inclusionary zoning, accessory dwelling units, and rental assistance programs (Read More)
City of Franklin's Infrastructure & Development
BK Muvvala understands that infrastructure is the backbone of any city. He will work with the city staff, engineers and contractors to ensure that Franklin City's roads, bridges, water, sewer and electric systems are well-maintained and upgraded as needed. He will also seek grants and partnerships to fund
infrastructure projects that benefit the city. Advocate for public safety and fire protection, ensuring that the city has adequate resources and personnel to respond to emergencies and prevent disasters
City of Franklin to explore various options to Promote Environmental Sustainability
Explore the various options to Promote environmental sustainability and reducing our carbon footprint by investing in renewable energy and green infrastructure. Environmental sustainability and resilience: He will champion initiatives that reduce the city's carbon footprint, such as renewable energy sources, energy efficiency programs, and waste reduction strategies. He will also prepare the city for the impacts of climate change, such as flooding, drought, and extreme weather events.
City of Franklin's Preservation of Historic Heritage
BK Muvvala will work to preserve the historic heritage of the city. Enhancing the quality of life and public safety by investing in parks, recreation, arts, culture, and historic preservation, as well as strengthening the city's emergency preparedness and response capabilities. Historic preservation . He will respect and protect the city's rich heritage and historic landmarks, such as the Civil War sites, the downtown district, and the Carter House.
City of Franklin's Social Services & Resolution
Expanding our social services and providing more senior care and senior citizens protection, health care and mental health resources for our most vulnerable populations and work on reducing the high rate of opioid addiction and overdose deaths among residents
Envision a future where community progress is a collective journey
"Envision a future where community progress is a collective journey. With me as your representative, I pledge to pioneer innovative pathways for our city's growth. We will harness the immense potential of our builders, contractors, and real estate developers, channeling their capabilities towards integral city enhancements.
Imagine neighborhoods defined by well-paved sidewalks, inviting parks, and efficient drainage systems. Visualize streets illuminated by functional electric poles and radiant city lights. Consider the peace of mind that comes with reliable sewage management and access to clean drinking water.
I am committed to exploring how we can encourage those who shape our skylines to also invest in the arteries of our city. The result? A healthier, more vibrant community - one that doesn't just work for some, but for all. This is more than just a campaign promise. It's a pledge to make our city a place where everyone thrives, and every development becomes a part of our shared success."
Side Walks and greener city
"Envision a city that truly belongs to all its residents - a city that is green, vibrant, inclusive, and, most importantly, safe. A vote for me is a vote for this future, a promise to prioritize community needs and public safety above all else.
With me as your representative, we'll explore adaptive zoning options to shape our cityscape in a manner that is both welcoming and secure. Picture wider sidewalks, safer bike lanes, and accessible public facilities designed for everyone. Imagine a city that is not just verdant with trees and lively parks but is also thoughtfully planned, ensuring a friendly environment that keeps our community safe.
As your candidate, I am dedicated to advocating for the necessary funds to support these endeavors, ensuring public safety is at the heart of our city planning. This campaign is not just about winning an election, it's about reshaping our city into a place that is livable, lovable, inclusive, and above all, safe.
Join me in this journey to foster a community that cherishes its green spaces, values inclusive, prioritizes public safety, and adapts to the needs of all its residents. Your vote is a step towards this shared vision. Together, we can transform our city into a sanctuary we are all proud to call home."
Williamson, Inc. values strategic growth, which we define as economic vibrancy bolstered by proactive planning that leads to prosperity for business and better job opportunities for the community while maintaining our unique community character and historic preservation. As a candidate for Franklin municipal office, what does strategic growth mean to you and what does it entail?
Strategic growth is a complex and multifaceted concept, but I believe it can be boiled down to a few key principles:
- * **Proactive planning:** Strategic growth requires careful planning and foresight. We need to identify our strengths and weaknesses, and develop strategies to capitalize on the former and address the latter. We also need to be aware of the potential impacts of growth, both positive and negative, and take steps to mitigate any negative impacts.
- * **Economic vibrancy:** Strategic growth should lead to economic vibrancy, which means a strong and growing economy that creates jobs and opportunities for our residents. We can achieve economic vibrancy by attracting new businesses and industries, supporting existing businesses, and investing in infrastructure and amenities that make our community attractive to businesses and residents alike.
- * **Prosperity for business:** Strategic growth should also lead to prosperity for business. This means creating an environment where businesses can thrive, with access to capital, talent, and markets. We can achieve prosperity for business by streamlining regulations, providing tax breaks and other incentives, and investing in infrastructure that businesses need.
- * **Better job opportunities:** Strategic growth should also lead to better job opportunities for our residents. This means creating a skilled workforce and providing opportunities for advancement. We can achieve better job opportunities by investing in education and training, and by supporting small businesses that create jobs.
- * **Community character and historic preservation:** Strategic growth should also be mindful of our unique community character and historic preservation. We need to find ways to grow without sacrificing the things that make our community special. This means balancing the needs of businesses and residents, and making sure that any new development is compatible with our existing community.
As a municipal candidate, I believe that strategic growth is essential for the future of our community. I am committed to working with all stakeholders to develop a plan for strategic growth that will benefit everyone.
Here are some specific strategies that I would pursue to achieve strategic growth:
- * **Attract new businesses and industries:** I would work to attract new businesses and industries to our community by offering tax breaks and other incentives, streamlining regulations, and investing in infrastructure.
- * **Support existing businesses:** I would support existing businesses by providing them with access to capital, talent, and markets. I would also work to reduce their regulatory burden.
- * **Invest in infrastructure:** I would invest in infrastructure that businesses need, such as roads, bridges, and utilities. I would also invest in education and training to create a skilled workforce.
- * **Balance the needs of businesses and residents:** I would work to balance the needs of businesses and residents by ensuring that any new development is compatible with our existing community.
- * **Protect our unique community character and historic preservation:** I would work to protect our unique community character and historic preservation by incorporating these values into our planning process.
I believe that these strategies will help us achieve strategic growth that benefits everyone in our community.
What do you hope to see from the City of Franklin regarding transportation and mobility solutions? How do you envision the roles of density and neighborhood connectivity?
As a candidate for Alderman at Large in the City of Franklin, I am committed to improving our transportation and mobility solutions. I believe that we need to create a transportation system that is safe, efficient, and equitable for all residents.
Here are some specific transportation and mobility solutions that I hope to see implemented in Franklin:
- * **Invest in public transportation:** We need to invest in our public transportation system to make it more accessible and affordable for everyone. This includes expanding bus routes, adding more frequent service, and making it easier to transfer between buses and trains.
- * **Promote walking and biking:** We need to make it easier for people to walk and bike around town by creating more sidewalks, bike lanes, and crosswalks. We also need to make sure that our streets are safe for pedestrians and cyclists.
- * **Encourage ride-sharing and carpooling:** We need to encourage people to share rides and carpool to reduce traffic congestion. This can be done by providing incentives for ride-sharing and carpooling, such as discounted parking or free rides.
- * **Improve road infrastructure:** We need to improve our road infrastructure to make it safer and more efficient for drivers. This includes repairing potholes, widening roads, and adding traffic signals.
- * **Promote density and neighborhood connectivity:** We need to promote density and neighborhood connectivity to make it easier for people to walk, bike, and take public transportation. This can be done by zoning for mixed-use development and building more sidewalks and bike lanes.
I believe that these transportation and mobility solutions will make Franklin a more livable and sustainable community. I am committed to working with all stakeholders to make these solutions a reality.
I envision the roles of density and neighborhood connectivity as follows:
- * **Density:** Density can help to reduce traffic congestion by making it easier for people to walk, bike, and take public transportation. It can also help to support local businesses by creating a vibrant and walkable downtown area.
- * **Neighborhood connectivity:** Neighborhood connectivity can help to make it easier for people to get around without a car by providing safe and convenient ways to walk, bike, and take public transportation. It can also help to create a sense of community by connecting people to their neighbors and local businesses.
I believe that density and neighborhood connectivity are essential ingredients for a successful transportation system. I am committed to working to promote these factors in Franklin.
I hope this answers your question. Thank you for your time.
What is the best strategy going forward to promote more attainable housing opportunities in Franklin? Do you feel this is an issue? What role should multifamily housing play?
The best strategy going forward to promote more attainable housing opportunities in Franklin is to adopt a comprehensive approach that includes a variety of strategies. These strategies could include:
- * **Upzoning:** Upzoning is the process of changing zoning regulations to allow for more density. This can help to increase the supply of housing and make it more affordable.
- * **Incentivize affordable housing development:** The city could offer incentives to developers who build affordable housing, such as tax breaks or density bonuses.
- * **Provide financial assistance to homebuyers:** The city could provide financial assistance to homebuyers, such as down payment assistance or mortgage loans.
- * **Protect existing affordable housing:** The city could adopt policies to protect existing affordable housing, such as rent control or tenant protections.
- * **Create mixed-use development:** Mixed-use development is the combination of residential, commercial, and retail uses in a single development. This can help to create a more walkable and vibrant community, and it can also make housing more affordable by providing a variety of housing options in one place.
I believe that all of these strategies are important, and I would work to implement them all if I am elected Alderman at Large. I also believe that multifamily housing can play a role in promoting more
attainable housing opportunities. Multifamily housing can provide more affordable housing options for people who are unable to afford a single-family home. It can also help to reduce traffic congestion and improve air quality by providing more people with the option to live close to work and amenities.
I believe that the issue of attainable housing is a critical one, and I am committed to working to address it. I believe that the strategies outlined above can help to make Franklin a more affordable place to live for everyone.
Here are some additional thoughts on the role of multifamily housing in promoting more attainable housing opportunities:
- * Multifamily housing can help to increase the supply of housing, which can put downward pressure on prices.
- * Multifamily housing can be more affordable than single-family homes, especially for people who are just starting out or who have limited incomes.
- * Multifamily housing can be located in a variety of neighborhoods, including downtown areas and near public transportation. This can make it easier for people to live close to work and amenities.
- * Multifamily housing can be built more quickly and efficiently than single-family homes. This can help to address the housing shortage more quickly.
I believe that multifamily housing is a vital part of the solution to the affordable housing crisis. I am committed to working to promote the development of multifamily housing in Franklin.
How does local leadership best inspire citizen engagement in a community where so many are new residents?
Local leadership can best inspire citizen engagement in a community where so many are new residents by:
- * **Being accessible and approachable:** Local leaders should make themselves available to meet with residents, answer questions, and listen to concerns. They should also be willing to go out into the community and meet people where they are.
- * **Communicating effectively:** Local leaders should communicate with residents in a clear, concise, and transparent way. They should use a variety of channels to communicate, including social media, email, and in-person meetings.
- * **Being inclusive:** Local leaders should make sure that all residents feel welcome and included in the community. They should reach out to underrepresented groups and make sure that their voices are heard.
- * **Empowering residents:** Local leaders should empower residents to take action and make a difference in their community. They should provide opportunities for residents to get involved in decision-making and to volunteer their time.
- * **Celebrating successes:** Local leaders should celebrate the successes of the community and the contributions of its residents. This can help to build pride and a sense of ownership in the community.
Here are some specific things that local leaders can do to inspire citizen engagement in a community with many new residents:
- * **Hold regular town hall meetings:** Town hall meetings are a great way for local leaders to meet with residents and hear their concerns. They can also be used to educate residents about the issues facing the community and to get their input on solutions.
- * **Create a website or social media page:** A website or social media page can be used to keep residents informed about the activities of the local government and to provide a forum for residents to share their thoughts and ideas.
- * **Reach out to underrepresented groups:** Local leaders should make an effort to reach out to underrepresented groups, such as immigrants, young people, and people with disabilities. They should provide these groups with information about how to get involved in the community and to make their voices heard.
- * **Create opportunities for residents to get involved:** Local leaders should create opportunities for residents to get involved in the community, such as volunteering, serving on committees, and running for office.
- * **Celebrate the successes of the community:** Local leaders should celebrate the successes of the community, such as new businesses opening, schools receiving awards, and residents volunteering their time. This can help to build pride and a sense of ownership in the community.
I believe that by following these principles, local leaders can inspire citizen engagement in a community with many new residents. I am committed to working with all stakeholders to make this happen.